Sunday, December 18, 2011

Tis The Season of Change

Our Vintage Aluminum Tree
picture courtesy of Lenzfotos
So the holiday season is upon us.. bringing the stress we subject ourselves to because of our desire to follow the traditions of our childhood Christmas memories. In the last couple of years, I've realized that attempting to recreate these traditions accentuate the fact that many of our loved ones are no longer with us. So I decided that we wouldn't follow a tradition, I wanted my children to know that they can make their holidays whatever they wished...freeing  us  of longing for days gone by...and giving us the chance to create new memories sans the shackles of sorrow.

2 comments:

Miss Raj said...

Beautiful thoughts... you've posted little so far, but you write incredibly well, so I hope you are inspired to continue writing and write a little more often. I'm your newest follower, will be looking out for updates :) Best wishes to you for the new year!

Seema

http://diaryofmissraj.blogspot.com/

vogolo said...

Thank you so much Miss Raj for the inspiring comments! Thank you!